Cookies are yummy, but if I am being honest, I prefer the straight dough to baked cookies. Chocolate chip cookie dough reminds me of being a kid; I must have made thousands of cookies back in the day! However, refined sugar and raw eggs are not perhaps the healthiest choices for your afternoon snack, and a liability if you have an egg allergy like my two year old.
Luckily I’ve got you covered. This flour-less, vegan, low sugar “cookie dough” is full of protein and fiber thanks to the secret ingredient: beans! I assure you it has no hint of legume flavor, just guilt-free chocolatey yumminess.
Step 1: Add all ingredients into the food processor
Step 2: Blend
Step 3: Transfer to a bowl and mix in chocolate chips with a spoon
- Note: DO NOT TRY TO BAKE THESE COOKIES— I promise it will not work. This is not dough for making real cookies, but just an edible dough to be eaten off the spoon, or as a dip for fruit.
Vegan Cookie Dough
- 1 can chickpeas drained and well rinsed
- .25 c sunflower seed butter can sub other nut butter if not allergic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 droppers liquid stevia Or 4tbsp maple syrup
- .5 c allergy friendly chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape sides as desired. A few tablespoons of water or non-dairy milk of your choice may be needed to achieve cookie dough texture– add a bit at a time if too dry.
- Once fully blended, taste for desired sweetness and adjust as needed.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl, add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.