Kid approved Egg Free Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
These easy, allergen free chicken nuggets will delight any kid. Moist, flavorful, and delicious, your kids will ask for these again and again.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 cup gluten free flour almond flour, oat flour, rice flour or a gluten-free blend all will work
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 zest of one lemon use fine grater (called a microplane) to remove yellow skin of lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika omit for nightshade free
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper optional- I leave this out because my kids hate spicy
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- .5 cup avocado oil, coconut oil or butter you may need more oil, see note below
Slice chicken into small 1 or 2 inch squares. The won't all be the same size or perfect and that's fine.Mix flour and spices in a wide, shallow dish (a pie pan or a plate with raised sides works great)Coat each piece of chicken in the flour and spice mixture on all sides and set aside.Coat the bottom of a large flat bottomed skillet with oil so that there is about 1/4 inch oil covering the entire surface of the pan. Heat to medium heat. Add coated chicken in batches, taking care to leave space around each piece. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes per side (until golden brown) then turn over. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure they have reached 165 degrees F. Transfer to a plate or serving dish and continue until all chicken is done. Note: you may have to add more oil as you are cooking as some of the oil is absorbed in the chicken and other oil jumps out of the pan.